INTERLUDIUM: Time for the basics. To reflect for a moment.

Hey everyone.

For the readers wondering where my next post with code goes. Well here is the answer.

From scratch

I studied Dart this week. I bought a few basic Dart courses. I had certain questions that I had been asking for a while. And I thought let's start from scratch again.

A stiff neck

I can say from experience that even after a certain time it is good to repeat the basics. And that not only in programming, but generally in life. It puts our feet back on the ground. My father said, "whoever looks at the tops of the trees every day will get a stiff neck." And that is actually saying in a playful way. If you forget to look at the basics, it is painful to look at the basics in the long run.


In life, it is also important to keep in touch with the basics on a regular basis. For example in a relationship. Check deep inside why you fell in love with your partner. Or take a look back at why you made a certain good choice in life and not just the bad ones.


This is also important in the workplace. Take a look back at why you included someone in your team, and especially at a difficult time in the workplace. Or go back to the person for a moment and don't just hang on to the current performance.

We all very quickly lose the child within us

Take a look back at your own base. We all very quickly lose the child within us. Society forces us to. You have to let go of your creativity so quickly, start living and thinking according to rules that you have never had a say in. Simply because you were born at random somewhere on this planet.

Critical thinking

This is also the case with knowledge and study. In my daily task I must be able to put myself in the thoughts of others and processes and analyzes drawn up by others. And before you can do that, you must first return to your own base. And this to enable a construction of a particular analysis. With knowledge, if you lose sight of the basics, there is a danger that the structure of your own interpretations will change over time. Beware this is by no means bad. This is how "Thinking outside the box" was created. But you have to change those interpretations with full awareness. In other words critical thinking.


So this was again a moment of thought of myself. It's something I really make time for for myself. And it is so effective that I wanted to share it with you. Oh yes, I would almost forget, I also learned something from Dart hahaha.


Make time for yourself, make time for creativity, make time for love, make time for the basics.


I greet you all,

Do, believe and be happy,

Stefaan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.