Thinking & coding: Studying on FireBase, ANSWER

Hi Hi.

It was a tough week last week. I have invested a lot of time in research. And write very little in code. I have learned a lot. A serious study of error codes, as you can read in my previous post.


In this post I will try to answer the problem I had with bulk data upload from the FireStore Database. First and foremost, I have been staring at the FireStore Console. Now I have also looked at the 'Google Cloud Platform' and its console. So I found a lot more information there.


What did I learn.

You cannot place images directly in the FireStore database, but you can place the link to the images. Which is then back in place, stored in the DataStorage. That is the method that I see everywhere. So we are so far on that.


Furthermore, I cannot directly upload a large data file to the firestore without a detour. As I found in the documentation and also on Youtube and other information sources. I found the most explanation on the Youtube channel of 'Retroportal Studio'. Many thanks for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2_VFFcAI8


So I have to write a program that writes my 'json' file to the Firestore. Actually, this was obvious as programmers hahaha. Now I have never done that. On the channel of Retroportal Studio this program is written in Node JS Script. Now I don't know this language so I'm going to try to reproduce it in Dart. But that will take some time, and I can't show you the code just because I don't have it yet. I've been a bit lazy over the weekend. But I thought I deserved it after a tough week.

So that is on the TODO list.


In the meantime I have studied Json and I will try to write my data directly in Json, if only by way of practice. You can also write an Exel file, convert it to a CSV file and convert it in turn to a Json file. So we're going to try this directly.


When I'm going to try to reproduce this code I'm not sure yet. I'll have to put it somewhere on my schedule. But first there are a few other urgent things that need to be done in my project. One of those things is making my code 'Null' safe. There are also other possible errors that must be reported. So my app won't crash on any of these possible issues. That has not yet been applied anywhere, and that is very important. I also have to make my UI dynamic, in such a way that a nice display is produced on different devices.


Now why do I want to complete my existing code first? Because the second and third part of my app is almost a copy of the already written part. So I can't start copying the existing code until the original one is perfect. Because otherwise I later have to adjust all the changes I want to make now three times. And that seems counterproductive to me.


Further I can also tell you that a possible second project is in the research phase, and I have to spend time on that too. I will tell you exactly what the next project will contain in due time. Maybe you are wondering why a second project already? Well that has to do with my business plan. There must be a constant flow of production and publication of apps. To create a financial permanent flow, by the day I switch full time from my current job to my own business. Maybe I can write an article about my business plan. Then it might become clear. Let me know if you are interessted in an article like that.


So far you are informed.


I don't know yet what exactly will appear in the next article. But I would say

Until the next.


Do, believe and be happy.


Stefaan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

INTERLUDIUM: Time for the basics. To reflect for a moment.