Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

The last programming session was a leap in the dark. For the first time I linked a FireBase project to an app.


On the Firebase website you have to make sure you use the explanation for "frameworks", below that you will find the installation guide for Flutter framwork.



The complete installation, including the dependencies and such, is well described. However, I got a whole series of error messages. My heart sank for a moment. I didn't understand any of the error messages. All I could tell from the error messages is that the error probably occurred somewhere in the "app / build.gradle". I started reading this file and there I saw the minumum SDK level. And then the light was turned on in my dark tunnel of challenges.


Long live Youtube. I had watched a video by Andy Julow prior to my programming session. And in the video, he warned about the following. The mininmum android SDK version is at 16. The version must be at least 21. And indeed, when I changed this setting, all errors disappeared. Thank you Mister Julow.


So now my app is linked to firebase, but only for Android. Later I will also make this link for IOS, if that is already possible from a Windows machine. I see in several tutorials that you need Xcode to find the app bundle name. I'm curious. Maybe you guys know? Let me know in the comments.


What am I going to use this backend for? To build the events page. So no mock data but the data from the FireStore database.


The next step will be to create a data model for the data that I want to retrieve. And to then display the data in, for now, a simple listview.


Until the next


Do, believe and be happy


A BIG thank you to Andy Julow and Max Weber.


Stefaan



Comments

  1. You can use windows for changing properties in ios. Just need to edit Info.plist. Open in any text editor and then edit. Just take a look of each tags. Previously when I didn't had mac I worked like that only but now I have so can do it easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so mutch for your comment, and your solution to my problem. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and to comment it. I’m very greatful and honored.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Small but important code implementations.