Thinking & coding: I'm so greatful!! THANK YOU

Hey everyone.

What an emotional day. This morning I wanted to start a programming session, and then half of my software turned out not to work anymore. Without changing 1 line code.


What was the problem.

I could no longer read my data from the FireStore backend. I got a huge error. An Exception.


Complete panic, unbelievable. I didn't get any head or tail. I have read this message countless times and did not understand it. It almost made me depressed, it controlled my day emotionally.

And I have to admit this time it was really over my head. I had no choice but to give in to myself and ask for help from a good friend who has supported me since day 1. Max Weber from Flutter Explained
I also threw the problem into the Matrix via Twitter. And several of my contacts responded very quickly. And offered possible solutions. Thank you all, and a super thank you to young developer / friend "Da Bot".

I have prepared a document with the error code as you can see above. I then shared this document with Max and we looked at and discussed a few lines together.

Max pointed me to a description in the error message. "ProviderInstaller not found". And also referred me to GitHub. And yes, there was part of the error description. From reading one article to another I came to the following.

I had to check and upgrade the version of my Android Emulator. Ok, but I couldn't. I have then chosen to run my software on a real device, and not on the emulator. And EUREKA !!!! No more problems.

Unbelievable!

I learned 2 lessons today. The first one how I had to deal with this error, and believe me I never work with an emulator again but from now on always a real device. 
And the second lesson, and the most important one, don't be afraid to openly ask for help! Dare to admit when something really doesn't work out and is too ambitious. There are wonderful people from all over the world who want to help, people with their hearts in the right place.


Thank you all for your support and your faith in me. You have made me very happy today and hope from the bottom of my heart that one day I can give you something back.

I am grateful to you

Until the next
Do, believe and be happy,

Stefaan



Thanks to all the contributors GitHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

INTERLUDIUM: Time for the basics. To reflect for a moment.