Thinking & coding: ANSWER ON: First BIG problem, NavigationRail spacing between the icons.

Research

After researching myself and other fellow SEs, we have to conclude that there are still a lot of flaws in the NavigationRail widget ().





NOT possible to make this rail dynamic

In terms of Layout, this widget is completely 'hard coded'. So there are no possibilities to place the Icons in the NavigationRail () where you want. So it is also not possible to make this rail dynamic.

There is therefore no possibility to adjust a mainAxisAlignment and also not the vertical space between the icons in the rail.

So I am faced with the following options.

I adapt the NavigationRail widget code myself to the needs I have for my layout and make it MyNavigationRail. So I build my own Classe. Or I build my own NavigationRail with the layout widgets that exist. (Row (), Column (), etc ....)

The second choice also implements that my navigation code will be a different Route code.

I have not yet decided which choice I am going to make. But I'll keep you posted.


What can I give as advice.

If the default layout of the NavigationRail does not fit your design or the customer's design, please select another option for now.


I would like to thank the following people who participated in the study:

Tadas Petra - Amateur Coder Youtube channel

Max Weber - Flutter Explained Youtube channel


Do, believe and be happy,


Stefaan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Small but important code implementations.