Structuring your first project. The architecture.

The first step in the right direction. 

We are ready! We start on the first project. The first step in the right direction.

I think everything stands or falls with a good project structure. Whether programming or building a house. And in my case it is a mobile application.

The idea.

I am going to build a mobile app that will guide people when visiting the small medieval town where I live. Now you will think, ok there are 13 in a dozen. And yes indeed, but this app, compared to such apps, takes a step back! This must be a low budget basic app, such that every small village can afford this app. So they can promote tourisme after the Corona crisis. But ... the app must be completely scalable and extensible in every possible direction. And all this with a backhand for dummies.

So what will we all need And how far have I mastered those building blocks? I will make a small list below, in which half will probably be forgotten or I don't know about it at all.

  • Graphical design. I don't know much about graphic design, but once I took a small photo editing course. In the meantime I have started working with Figma in recent weeks, and am having a great time.
  • Then convert the graphics project into code. For me Flutter and Dart. Here I have only experimented with. But I think you can only learn to write code by doing it. So we'll get there.
  • The information that can be found in the app must be somewhere in a database, because my data changes regularly. I don't know anything about it, except for a few YouTube videos I've seen.
  • And a desktop or web application must be made somewhere where the data can be entered. I have made a website in Wordpress once, but it ends there.
  • The app must be distributed. I have thought of this but actually no knowledge at all!

So you see I'm all set. Joking aside, I have really prepared myself in the last 6 months. Much read, experimented etc .... I have also followed several live streams. And the advantage of this is that you not only see how it should be done, but that you can also follow the line of thought. You can also ask questions if you do not understand something. So I think it is highly recommended.


In the next post we will start with the UI design.


Do, believe and be happy,


Stefaan


Thanks to Tadas Petra and Robert Brunhage for the great videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Software developer yes, but where to begin?

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

Thinking & coding: Small but important code implementations.