Software developer yes, but where to begin?

The decision has been made 

and I am going for a career as an SE, what now?  What are we going to program and how do we get started?  Whe start immediately with two very difficult questions.  How are we going to answer these?

What do I want to achieve with a career change?  Freedom and being creative.  Those are my conditions that are my priorities.

From this I can already rule out the first option of industrial programming.  Because then I have to go to factories to do programming.  So no freedom.  So a big no no!  We go for independent programming.  Freedom guaranteed!

But what are we going to program?  


Where can I use my creativity?  Where can I start using the other hemisphere of my brain.  So in your own creations.  Own designs and ideas.  People talk a lot about apps and I have plenty of ideas for that.  That's what we're going for!  Long live creative freedom. But how do I generate an income from all my ideas?



No sooner said than done.  the investigation can begin.

Making mobile apps, fun, but for Android or for Apple?  Preferably for both.

Let's start with Android, which has 73% of mobile apps on its side, according to some studies.  So there is a Native machine language Android and a higher language Kotlin.  There also appears to be a special IDE Android Studio.

The best tool of this time is the internet, search engines and video streamers! 30 years ago whe only had books. And an other very strong tool are communities on different kind of bases. In the older days you could find almost everything in books, but you never could follow a thinking proces, or have an discuttion about it, because the compition was hard.

Now that we have the tools, let's go to YouTube to try interactive learning.  And yes, 13 videos in a dozen.  Whe ar rolling, Whe are going to build mobile apps for Android.

Moral of the story, we have set our chosen direction on the compass.  Our nose pointed in to the right Horizon.  The first two serious issues have been solved!


Do, believe and be happy,


Stefaan




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking & coding: Linking Firebase to my Flutter App. Watch out for a important detail.

Thinking & coding: Small but important code implementations.